There are 12 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 1990.
This generation ranks 8th in reliability out of 34 overall Chrysler generations.
This generation has been recalled 13 times. It's also part of 17 investigations and has 196 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 1990 New Yorker at 390229 miles
- engine leaking oil in the 1989 New Yorker at 135000 miles
- engine knocks and makes noise in the 1993 New Yorker at 120000 miles
- engine engine stalls in the 1990 New Yorker at 154000 miles
- electrical computer problems in the 1991 New Yorker at 33400 miles
- AC / heater heater not working in the 1990 New Yorker at 122000 miles