There are 787 owner complaints spread out over 10 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 29th in reliability out of 34 overall Chrysler generations.
This generation has been recalled 25 times. It's also part of 27 investigations and has 244 TSBs.
- engine engine light on and idles rough in the 2006 PT Cruiser at 55085 miles
- wheels / hubs chrome wheels peel causing air leakage in the 2001 PT Cruiser at 78122 miles
- engine engine stalls/shuts off while driving in the 2006 PT Cruiser at 69895 miles
- engine engine stalls/dies while driving in the 2004 PT Cruiser at 70000 miles
- accessories - interior cracked dashboard in the 2002 PT Cruiser at 89979 miles
- AC / heater AC fan started smoking in the 2008 PT Cruiser at 54860 miles